"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time." -T.S. Eliot


Sunday, June 1, 2014

Day #14: Two weeks

I woke up super early in the grass by the on ramp. I went to McDonald's to get some wifi and charge my phone. I texted the guy who told me he could give me a ride and he never hit me back. 

So I went out to the on ramp to thumb it for a bit. I got super hot so I took another break, but when I went back out a guy pulled over before I even got to my on ramp spot. He was going to Nashville! 

This dude was a little gnar though. Chain smoking with the windows up, playing bubble breaker while driving, and smoking while pumping gas! He was a super nice dude though, and he dropped me off close enough to get into town. 

Nashville is awesome. The whole city revolves around country music. Of course it's all sold out and terrible, but it's the Music City. Downtown there's like three bars with live music on the roof. The architecture was awesome too. 


But I had to go to the recording booth at Third Man Records, the same one that was on the Tonight Show. You can record yourself strait to vinyl. So I started walking. It was SO humid out. I swear I sweated so much that it wasn't even salty anymore. I lost like ten pounds in water. And when I arrive at Third Man, I see this:


So I walked back. 

I had a craigslist ride coming from a trucker who was headed to Knoxville. I had to wait for him for a bit so I kicked it outside a hood Exxon. I was really excited since this would be the first ride I got from a trucker. 


He was a super nice dude. Thanks Dane, for the ride. He dropped me off just outside Knoxville at the truck stop and gave me his free shower, which was MUCH needed. 

I got some food and found a nice little hill to pass out on. I got a lot of miles in, and I'm about 50 miles from North Carolina. I can only go one more state east. Then it will be the entire US. I've already made it to Eastern Time!



No comments:

Post a Comment