"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time." -T.S. Eliot


Sunday, May 18, 2014

Day #1

So this is my second time writing this. My favorite part of technology is that it's so reliable. 

Either way, day one was a total success. Yeah, I got my house packed up and had to say good bye to my parents. It was rough. I've spent so many years at that house in ellensburg. It's hard to let such a great place go, but I got my mom to drive me to Kennewick, mainly to skip over the f-ing shithole that is Yakima, and arrived safely at my girl Hilary's house. She was the most hospitable host and showed me what good old Kennewick had to offer, mainly a river and sweet bridges, and beer. 

But some cool shit happened which led me to believe that this adventure is gonna be f-ing sweet. We were gonna check out this lighthouse on the river, but when we walked up there were like 30 people sitting around it with flowers and some candle going. So I asked the only lady standing what was going on and she said, "My brother is about to get engaged." So we obviously fled the scene, but we crept around these bushes and I managed to snap this picture. 
I mean it's one thing to plan a proposal at a lighthouse at sunset, but this lucky bastard got a rainbow to show up. I don't know how something this awesome comes into existance. You can't write this shit. Not to mention this sunset was a doosie. 

So ya that guy won. Also I won though because Hilary's most awesome roommate showed up with some tequila. 

Also, I apologize for all the swearing. Blame the tequila. 



5 comments:

  1. I think that's awesome! Sounds like it will be an awesome journey and if need someone in Wyoming I'm sure Jennifer would be happy to show you around and take you to Yellowstone. And let me know if you come through Illinois!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks! I might be near Wyoming soon and if I'm in Illinois I'd hit you up for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! Jen is in Jacksonhole, WY. Have safe travels!

      Delete
  3. Lol that guy definitely won best proposal of the year. It would have rained on me.

    ReplyDelete