"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time." -T.S. Eliot


Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Day #3: Mountain Time

Woke up to a barge going up the Columbia on day three. I was sleeping on the side of the road behind some bushes, but I had to get out quick because it's a treatied fishing ground for Native Americans. Also you could kind of see me from the road. So I was up around 6:00am. 

Went to the Rufus, Oregon gas station and got some coffee. I charged my phone and read a little bit. I had a ride coming at 10;30 so all I had to do was wait. When my ride finally showed up, it was another late-twenties/early-thirties guy. 


He's a musician from Portland who's done tours all over the US and Europe. He was headed to Moab, Utah to do some solo backpacking. He told me about some good spots and a sweet anarchist/crust punk house to stay at in SLC. Totally awesome dude. Check out his band Ghosts to Falco! 


Thanks man!

Made it all the way to Boise, Idaho and stayed at my sister's house. Played some sweet board games and got myself cleaned up. Thanks to my sister and her roommates for putting me up for the night!


No comments:

Post a Comment