"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time." -T.S. Eliot


Saturday, May 24, 2014

Day #6: Bummin' in Boulder

Friday morning my cousin Evan, who's house I was staying at, had to work. So I got cleaned up and walked downtown to experience a little bit of Boulder. 

There's a cool street that's closed to cars and has tons of shops and food and street performers. I tried my hand at busking and made a solid three dollars from playing banjo.


I walked up to see the Boulder Masonic Lodge, then came back to the pedestrian mall. I met another traveling kid named Ralph. He tought me the beauty of dumpster food. We shared some dumpster twinkies, and road stories. I basically kicked it with him for the majority of the day. Just bummin' around and watching the world go by. 


Walking around I also found this tea house that was gifted to Boulder from some town in Central Asia. It was pretty cool. 


Evan got off work and we got geared up to hit the town. Boulder apparently only goes ham on Thursdays and Saturdays, but we did get to rage on a roof. 


Boulder was awesome and I can't wait to come back. Until then I think I'll be nursing this hangover for a while. 




1 comment:

  1. I was at that very same pedestrian mall when 25 years ago on halloween night. It was a kick! The costumes were outrageously creative and the Coors beer was over flowing the city sidewalks. It has an energy there that is contagious. I don't know about the twinkie diving but I'm glad you're opened to try all of lifes experiences. Let the banjo live on!

    ReplyDelete