"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time." -T.S. Eliot


Tuesday, July 1, 2014

This week in photos

Holy cow time flies. I've been keeping busy, finding random things to do, and haven't written anything in almost a week. I guess I'll just lay down some highlights. 

I went to a punk rock show on Tuesday and met some cool people. I found out where the punk houses are in town, so I'm definitely gonna have to check them out soon. 

The next day I went downtown to watch the US World Cup game. They put up a huge screen in Cadillac Square and a couple hundred people showed up to watch the worst performance. The US lost, but we still made it through to the round of 16. We could have lost with a little more dignity though. Unfortunately I have to miss the game tonight because of sailing. 


We didn't get to do any racing during the week. There was no wind on the nights we planned to go out. But Thursday, the gigantic 70 footers were out on the water. Apparently I lucked out because they're not always at Bayview. I was also lucky enough to snap this epic photo. 


It also kept raining on and off, so biking was out of the question. I decided I needed to start an indoor hobby for rainy days. What better hobby to start than tattooing? So I bought some ink and hydrogen peroxide (for a total of about $4) and went to town. I wanted to up my street cred being in such a tough town, so I chose to do a skull under my knee.


When the weekend came around, the wind was back so we raced Saturday. Then the Bayview sailor's party was later that night. I made friends with the beer girl and got a free pair of Belle's shades. Ol' Uncle Tim got up on stage and did a little shredding with the band as well. 


Sunday we went out on a pleasure cruise, right before a huge thunderstorm hit. The wind was definitely back. I took a photo before the storm hit. It was pretty fun, and definitely gnar. 


Ya that dark patch on the left there caught up with us. It eventually cleared up and we had a good time out on the water. 

Monday I did another Slow Roll and instead of coming strait back to GP, we stopped at the Atwater Brewery. They have a bar in the middle of the brewery, like dead center. I don't think I've seen so many kegs in my life. 


The Eastside Slow Roll crew did some quality bonding that night. Can't wait until next week!






No comments:

Post a Comment